Amazingly, I felt good all day, despite the initial weakness resulting in a trip to hospital to draw blood. An amazing thing happened, at least in my body. Just as, the day before I didn't want to eat because of the constriction around the duodenum near the stomach which made my abdomen feel like a drum. something released yesterday, and I ate with gusto, and nothing felt "stuck," so I went to the bathroom normally. How it FEELS is that some of the constriction is shrinking already. I had no nausea all day, stayed busy writing or working in the garden w/o exhaustion (Suzi's Bene- protein calorie stuff which I mix into my cereal seems to be helping a lot). If I have another day like this I'll be so happy.
The most touching surprise: Reid drove all the way down here to have dinner with us, and to talk! Bottom line: He talked about being here for two weeks when you were born, Steph, and how he couldn't get over this magic and thought he'd want to live here forever. I nursed you on the side of the bed, and he'd be hanging over my shoulders, asking questions. He talked about his Dad and his sense of loss, about how I instilled into him "quiet confidence" and how he's never forgotten that, be it in the courtoom or with other people, how he drew me on Garden Highway, floating down the river, very very pregnant (on my back), with a bubble coming out of my mouth, yelling help, and a man on the bank saying "I'm busy just now." Reid is a super-sensitive, incredibly smart guy. He is reading The Brothers Karamazov --with his mom-- so they can discuss it, and he asked Rich and me to read James Joyce's "The Dead" because it's so beautiful. I already fished it out. The whole experience was warm and so loving, and so laughter-filled.
I'm forward to my goal again. Every once in a while a doubt creeps in when I don't feel good, but it's flown away. Spine, clear, lung, clear, brain super-clear!!!
That's your resilient Mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment