Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day 1 Chemotherapy

First day was good, if long Two hours turned into 6 1/2, but I worked on the computer.  Nurses sweet  Anxiety started to climb when I'd waited over an hour after the iV wa placed in my needled arm, and they gave me an Atavan (no much likee, but it did the trick).  Mary picked me up cause R. was on photoshoot.  I came home, and went to work with chickens, etc.  

THEN, I turned on the (cold) water, and my finger felt like needles stuck everywhere.  Then I remembered, no cold water. I quickly put them into warm water, and it dissipated.  Slept well.

This morning I turned on the tap to wash, and the needles hit--bad.  Hot water didn't relieve it. I tried to type but couldn't really touch the keyboard.  This is an hour later, and it is dissipating.  Guess I can't touch ANYthing cold, which is a bummer because I think of watering plants, feeding cat (painful when I pulled out her food from fridge --Rich said don't go near the fridge.

I just took an anti-nauea pill, then oatmeal, and then THREE chemo pills, which I have to do twice a day.  I've gained a pound.
Simmie, it's all your fault because Rich came home with Almond butter, and I ate THREE spoonfuls.  Yum  Steph, I'm checking your anti-angigenic Foods list, already eat many.  Will focus on lemons daily, grapefruit, brussels sprouts and, when tomatoes come in, bunches of tomatoes.  I can't wait to find some black, semisweet licorice , which I love.  But I don't love the idea of gaining weight

I feel great otherwise, but, as I said , this is going to be an "adventure"-- nothing I would choose to do--I keep picturing the Himalayan climbers who do this for the challenge, but  have to endure much to get to the top.  Well--it's an apt metaphor.  I can  see it's not going to be gangs of fun.  Some don't make it to the top, but I intend to get there--and plant the RICO flag!!!  The needles are gone now, so at least I can work, but I had my hand under the spigot just for a second!  So I have to be hyper-aware from now on.

I will also cut my nails which seem to be impeding how I hit the keys.  Forgive my typos while I learn to master this Apple keyboard.  I had a "stretch" keyboard before this so I have to re-focus my hands.

As much as the news came in waves, each worse than the one before, the good news are coming in waves.  Thanks , Suz for your interaction with your team at Cedars.  I will be in full compliance, though the thought of driving to Stanford for an Iron IV shot is not pleasant.  We will discuss the Avstin with Fisher as soon as he returns, or his fabulous assistant.

I love you all so much, and I feel love surrounding me to the point where I am almost dizzy-happy.  I look out at this beautiful world, and I am NOT ready to leave it.

Your 

Mom, Mama, Moomie, Sister, Aunt

No comments:

Post a Comment